Monday 21 May 2012

ISU Reflection



The interesting topic the ISU was sex trafficking, what alarmed me more specifically was the severity of illegal underground activity in the world. I was aware that any third world country would have an issue of underground activity adding on the their problems but a sex slave for example could be sold to more developed countries in Europe as well as North America. This has changed the way I look at developed countries. It means that even with our money, our government and our border control these things still get passed us to an extent that it is a global issue. My peers have brought to light the full scope of the issue and I know see why it such a global issue  I am sure there is some sort of expression about cutting off a creature from its food supply, the same goes for business and illegal trafficking. By finding the customers in our borders, our jurisdiction, and bringing them to justice we are cutting off their demand, thus crippling their business. I am neither old nor wise so I don`t have all the answers but it is an idea.    

No comments:

Post a Comment