Tuesday 22 May 2012

As you move into the next phase of your life, how will you try to affect change in the world regarding these issues?


My high school days are coming to an end. As I enter the next level of education and the workplace I hope to use what I have learned in world issues to help resolve global issues. I hope to raise awareness of these issues through film and commercial advertising social media and other methods of that nature. I also hope to volunteer my time and dedicate myself to a cause. I have spent time telling myself `I simply don`t have the time` but with a little organization and structure I realize I have plenty. I could volunteer in any step of the relief process, anywhere from collecting donations to providing them directly to the people in need. Down the road in my career when I am near retirement I hope to donate lots of money as I will probably be too old to move around a lot. Also in my old age I could guilt trip people in donating their money and time through parties and charities. Perhaps I could make children volunteer at a research facility as a punishment for breaking my window with their shenanigans. I digress but what you should take from all this is that I realize that making a difference is not as hard as some people might think and a sarcastic person like me can dedicate their life to change without sacrificing too much. That is the kind of people I want to convince help: people that do not want to make much of an effort of change all their ways. I want to show them that they are still useful and there are easy transitions they can make to becoming good global citizens. When people are ignorant or un bearably selfish I have a tendency to simply laugh nervously and ignore them rather than tell them off. So after that laugh I could convince them that they can go green without breaking budget. Or that they can save a life just going on the internet. We all have our part to play in making the world a better place and I believe these are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment