Wednesday 9 November 2011

AIC Reflection


In the Arab-Israeli conflict simulation is a way for students to act as nations involved in the conflict and attempt to resolve it. Each member of a group is assigned a political figure in their country and must communicate with other countries discussing, foreign policies, alliances, military action, press releases and more. I really enjoy this simulation because it forces you to research the current state of your country so you can act accordingly as events take place. In my experience of learning history and world issues the AIC simulation is the best way to learn, understand and pay attention to current event and I hope so see more activities like this as the year progresses.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying the conflict as well! Playing the part of another country is difficult, especially if they don't necessarily share your views. I hope your country has its views relatively aligned with yours.
    If you enjoy researching, acting, and debating while representing another country, you should really look into joining the Model UN team at our school. From the sounds of it, you would enjoy it immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the AIC simulation is a great way to share your opinion with an audience, and gain insight from others opinions.
    I would also be interested to know what country you are representing in the simulation and what your goals are for that country.
    You seem to be really enjoying the conflict, and I like how you tied in the relation between World Issues and History class.

    ReplyDelete